Friday, November 12, 2010

TDDUP on Monda

We call ourselves TDDUP (Till Death Do Us Part)...we are a small group from church that has been together for over 12 years. We have become very close and I asked if they would come over to my house on Monday night the 1st. They all showed up...I was amazed that they could open their schedules like that on such short notice.

I really needed this evening with them. I told them of everything that happened and we spent the evening remembering Jan. It was poignant and warm and happy and laughter filled and tear filled and hopeful and faith building and friendship deepening.

I was reminded that "I do not walk alone" but am surrounded by family and friends and church. I would not want to face this alone. As we prayed together I was again reminded that faith in Jesus Christ is the greatest sustaining force in the world. I said "Thank you Lord for the Body of Christ of which I am a part"!! In the midst of deep pain...God is faithful.

No comments:

Post a Comment